Program learning outcomes are statements by faculty members that describe the most important things students will know and be able to do when they graduate from a program.
Students who successfully complete the 美术 AAS program will be able to:
- demonstrate competency in the principles of visual organization including scale, shape, color, form, value, proportion, abstraction, and composition as they apply to the disciplines of painting, drawing, sculpture, and printmaking at the foundation level;
- successfully employ the three dimensions of color: hue, value, and chroma;
- conceive, conceptualize, and execute works of art in both two and three dimensions;
- make critical artistic judgments through class critiques and written assignments;
- identify major achievements in the history of art, including the works and intentions of major artists both past and present; and
- demonstrate competency in basic art related digital technology software programs.
Students who successfully complete the 美术学院 program will be able to:
- conceive, conceptualize, and execute independent working processes into a cohesive body of work (thesis exhibition);
- articulate and communicate visual ideas through coherent written and verbal presentations;
- utilize critical and analytical skills through written assignments and class critiques;
- synthesize and utilize knowledge and skills gained from the 美术 curriculum, art history, digital technology, and cross-disciplinary re搜索, into clear visual 沟通;
- identify career options and gain professional experience in the workplace; and
- gain career building skills and will be able to position his/her own work in the marketplace.